Ingredients For Lemon Pie
For the Crust:
Prepare pastry for a single crust pie and form a decorative shell. Blind bake a pie shell at 375 degrees F for 15 minutes or until golden brown. (For a “how-to” on blind baking, see our recipe page (Blind-Baking pie recipe). I use our Perfect Crust Pie Weight Chain for a nice flat bottom! Allow the pie shell to cool slightly before adding the filling.
For the Filling:
- 2-14-ounce cans of sweetened condensed milk
- Juice of 2 lemons (about 1/2 – 2/3 cup juice)
- Zest of 2 lemons (about 3 tsp)
- 5 large egg yolks
- ¼ tsp salt
- Whisk all the ingredients together. The filling will thicken as it sets.
- Cool the crust slightly, then give the prepared filling a final mix and pour it into the prepared pie shell.
- Turn the oven down to 325º F, and bake the pie until just set, but slightly wiggly in the center, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cool the pie to room temperature, then set it in the fridge to chill completely before serving.
BTW, this recipe works great to make a simple Key Lime Pie – just substitute limes for lemons!
Check out these Kitchen Tools and Gadgets by JAZ Innovations to make baking easier and more fun!
For protection against accidental oven burns – Oven Rack Guard® Burn Protection
To protect against burns from splattering grease – Splatter Guard Pro™
For the perfect pie crust (and for blind-baking!) – Perfect Crust Pie™ Weight Chain
To roll a perfect pie crust – Perfect Crust™ Pie Mat
To protect against burns from hot lids on pots – Cool Touch™ Lid Handle Covers
For precise kitchen ingredient measuring that’s easy & fast – Perfect Measure™ Measuring Cups
Save money by preserving your produce the natural way – Guard/N Fresh™ Produce Saver