- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus extra for rolling
- 1 cup (2 sticks or 8 ounces) very cold unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 6 to 8 tablespoons ice water
8 to 10 fresh peaches – peeled, pitted and sliced into thin wedges
¼ cup honey
2 fluid ounces peach schnapps, or more to taste
1 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
For The “Flaky Butter Pie Crust”
- Cube the butter into 1/2-inch pieces and freeze until very firm.
- In a food processor, mix together the flour, salt, and sugar.
- Add the butter pieces and pulse the ingredients until the butter is cut into coarse crumbs.
- Add the ice-cold water 2 tablespoons at a time while pulsing the food processor until the mixture becomes a crumbly dough and forms together.
- Divide the dough into two equal portions, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour (this keeps the butter crumbs from melting).
- Unwrap one dough portion and roll with a rolling pin until the dough has formed a circle about 12″ in diameter. (Use the Perfect Crust Pie Mat to make this easy!)
- Transfer the dough to the pie plate and form the bottom crust.
- After adding the filling, repeat the rolling process with the second dough portion to form your top crust.
For The Rest of The Pie
- Place the peaches, honey, and peach schnapps into a saucepan over medium heat, and cook until the peaches are softened, and the mixture thickens, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in sugar and cinnamon until combined.
- Stir in the flour and simmer until the flour has thickened the filling. (Allow to cool before adding filling to pie crust.)
- Spread the peach filling evenly into the bottom crust.
- Place the top crust over the peach filling and form a decorative edge.
- Bake at 375 degrees until crust is brown and filling is bubbling.
- Cool before serving.
Yes, to get “sweet and juicy” and “buttery and flakey”, it’s going to take a few extra steps. But like anything, take one step at a time and you’ll have it done in no time!
(The pie crust was adapted from Good Life Eats and the remainder of the recipe was adapted from All Recipes.)
Check out these Kitchen Tools and Gadgets by JAZ Innovations to make baking easier and more fun!
For protection against accidental oven burns – Oven Rack Guard® Burn Protection
To protect against burns from splattering grease – Splatter Guard Pro™
For the perfect pie crust (and for blind-baking!) – Perfect Crust Pie™ Weight Chain
To roll a perfect pie crust – Perfect Crust™ Pie Mat
To protect against burns from hot lids on pots – Cool Touch™ Lid Handle Covers
For precise kitchen ingredient measuring that’s easy & fast – Perfect Measure™ Measuring Cups
Save money by preserving your produce the natural way – Guard/N Fresh™ Produce Saver