Prep Time: 45 mins
Cook Time: 60 mins
Banana Cream Pie!
This is a classic, fun pie that almost everyone loves!
Rich and creamy, and not hard to make. Here’s the basic Banana Cream Pie recipe.
- Pastry for a single-crust pie
- 1 3/4 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter (softened to room temperature)
- 4 bananas
- Prepare pastry for a single crust pie and form into a pie shell. Blind-bake the crust at 375 degrees F until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely as you prepare the filling. (For instructions how to bake a blind-bake pie crust, check out this recipe: How To Blind-Bake A Pie Crust
- For the filling, combine the milk, heavy cream, sugar, and salt in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk until all the sugar has dissolved, then bring to a gentle simmer, whisking occasionally.
- Working quickly as the milk mixture begins to simmer, whisk the egg yolks and cornstarch together in a medium heatproof bowl until thick and smooth. Very slowly, stream in about a cup of the simmering milk to slightly warm the egg yolk mixture. Then, in a very slow stream, whisk the egg yolk mixture into the pan. While continuously whisking, cook until the mixture is thick and big bubbles begin bursting at the surface.
To make the perfect pie crust, check out our Perfect Pie Weight Chains.
Check out these Kitchen Tools and Gadgets by JAZ Innovations