Easy Cranberry Apple Pie Recipe
Prep Time: 25 mins
Cook Time: 45 mins
Here is a great pie for the holidays. It’s colorful and full of flavor, not too tart and not too sweet. And easy! Did I forget easy?? So easy! Enjoy!
Prepare Crust for a single-crust pie and form a pie shell
- 1/2 Cup Flour
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 1 Bag Cranberries, washed and sorted
- 2 Tbsps. Apple Juice or Apple Cider
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Allspice
- 4 to 5 medium Granny Smith, Golden Delicious, or other firm cooking apples
- 3 Tbsps. Minute Tapioca (for thickening)
- Use a pastry blender to mix the brown sugar and flour together. Cut the butter into pieces and use the pastry blender to cut the butter into the flour/sugar mixture. Use your fingers to finish mixing the crumb topping. It should have a coarse texture when finished.
- Add the cranberries, apple juice, sugar, cinnamon stick, and allspice to a large, heavy pot and cook over medium heat until the cranberries burst.
- Peel and core the apples, and slice them into thin wedges. Add the apples to the cranberry mixture and continue cooking until the apples soften.
- Mix in the tapioca and cook until tapioca softens.
- Add the filling mixture to the unbaked pie shell. (Be sure to remove the cinnamon stick). Heap the crumb topping generously on top of the filling before baking.
- Bake at 375 degrees until the crust and crumb topping brown, about 45-50 minutes. Serve warm with a scoop of ice cream, or cold with some whipped cream on the side.
Check out these Kitchen Tools and Gadgets by JAZ Innovations to make baking easier and more fun!